If you are contemplating on a career as a driving instructor, then the value of training is something to consider. The more you think about the price, the more you start noticing the ads promising incentives, riches, bonus, guaranteed clientele and perks, when you start training with some big motoring school franchises.
Given they will have the needed resources to offer you a fast track into the instructor career, but the moment you are there, you will discover that you will get some of the benefits like using their company cars, they’ll need you to contract your services to their driving schools. It is best to check terms and conditions of service before signing up for a driving instructor course.
Choose your training instructor carefully
Because you have to use a driving instructor-training firm, you have to know and understand the costs involved. It is just fair that you know the costs involved in your lessons. The price can go as high as £350 per week. If you use the company name, then you can need to pay a percentage of your wages, since your clients will be booking via the main booking line instead of contacting you. You might have the advantage of not advertising, but that comes at a price.
Cost of driving instructor training to be an ADI
The first thing is starting an application process, which needs a criminal background check as well as identity proof. If you are sending the documents via post, you will incur the costs of shipping.
- Taking your theory test – this is mostly multiple choices, and the cost can be around £90.
- Part 1 of Training – a crucial area that you have to pass and will cost you around £110. Here the students will get training, experience and earn a wage that will help in paying tuition fees.
- Part 2 of training – it is the third and fourth part of training. The instructor tests the driving and teaching skills. After these roles you will obtain a full ADI badge and costs is around £111.
- Badge fees – you need to pay for two badges after you finish your training.
- Paying for the pass plus
- Costs for DSA specialists training
In conclusion, the cost of training varies significantly in your tuition, between different training schools. The schools also have various training methods that make the prices different. It is good to establish the type of training you need because it will help minimize your costs. It is good to enquire, whether the school offers optional DSA special training if you want it covered in training. Remember not all course cover extra training in their standard pricing.